INSTRUCTIONS (EACH SQUARE MAKES ONE PINWHEEL)
1) Print the free download and cut out the squares.
2) Cut along the dotted lines — be sure not to cut all the way to the center, these pieces must remain attached.
3) Fold the corners (without creasing) into the center so that each dot overlaps.
4) Adults use a sharp object such as a push-pin (or a small hole-punch) to pierce through each layer in the center of the pinwheel, taking care not to rip the edges of the paper.
5) Push a brad through the layers. *
6) Poke a hole through a paper straw and work the brad through, then bend the ends of the brad to hold it in place. Or, hot glue the bent ends of the brad to a stick. Be sure to leave some wiggle room for the movement of the pinwheel.
HAPPY FOURTH OF JULY!
*Choking Hazard: keep small pieces away from children under 3 years of age.